Public Tours of Race Point Lighthouse
- Schedule -
The Race Point Lighthouse will be open for touring on the first and third Saturdays from June until October. You can get to the lighthouse by walking or your own four-wheel drive vehicle with the proper permit; we do not provide public transportation for the tower tours
. The lighthouse will be open from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
All donations are deeply appreciated and directly benefit Race Point. Stop by on your way to Hatches Harbor!**UPDATE: No tours scheduled for the 2022 season. (4/13/2022)
Don’t forget your camera. There is even a gift shop! Email Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information regarding the tower tours. Note: The touring season will be suspended if any of the various federally-protected shore birds have nested and block access to the lighthouse. Once the chicks fledge, tours will resume. Tour Guidelines:
- Suggested $5 donation per person to climb (Under 8 and over 60 - exempt)
- Only 5 people at a time inside the lamp room. When in the lamp room be very careful of the trap door.
- No one is allowed outside on the gallery (catwalk).
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian who is at least 18 years old.
- Children under age 4 are not permitted to climb the ladder from the watch room to the lamp room.
- Appropriate shoe wear is mandatory at all times; no flip flops.
- No pets/ animals are permitted.